And this what we call is ‘life’

No, I am not a corporate bug. Neither am I a desk and chair person. I am a person who likes not to be bound and left to a computer to work on data, numbers and figures. But being in a society that only likes security and stability in all the spheres of their lives I am trying to stick around.
  
I opted for a course that offered me a platform to pursue my dream of freedom and creativity. But lesser did I know that it is seldom going to come handy in my future.  I had a raging fantasy about being independent and strong, outgoing and free with a mission in my head and lots more to do. To write a book or rather a memoir, travel to unknown lands with just the camera in my hand (oh yes I can click to save myself!), live alone and cook myself, meet or maybe just observe new people as I am not a very talkative one here, collect numerous souvenirs from places I traveled, create a new memory every day.  

So, as decided and worked upon, I even got a few chances to fulfill the dream or rather the reverie of mine but as per the society norms and being a women above everything I had to shun my deep desires and rather sit at home and look for opportunities that would provide me with professional as well as monetary security till the end of my life and of my family.

Having a proficiency of writing and being a dreamer from the very beginning I had no problem landing up at organizations which offered me a lot to write and express myself for them with them. As they beckoned I followed. Internships, jobs be it anything I was elated to do it. These stints actually made me firm that nothing is going to stop me from becoming a writing connoisseur.

But as it is said, everything comes with a price tag of its own. The type of work culture I was fascinated towards was beyond my family’s appreciation. I was bound to the regulatory customs and had to let them win over me. So I prepared myself to layover and wait for the “so called” opportunities to come my way.


So now, here I am doing a  job with a proper pay-scale on the verge of crushing my wishes and going further away from my goal. I am not at all complaining right now about my whereabouts though. But who doesn't feel the same as me at some point of their lives right? How many of us actually land up with a career as rosy as they always preferred? Struggle is the name of this game called life. We all got to keep walking with compromises in our stride and ever moving forward with no regrets. Yet, I am sure about it that a day not very far away from today, I will be fulfilling my incomplete reverie. With complaints, compromises, losses and disappointments I would be still walking with pit stops all across my way.  

Comments

  1. The ones reading this will certainly understand and 'feel' your pursuit of hapiness. Its actually beyond 'good piece' and 'you really write good' - s. Really. And so I will not wish congratulations but 'God Bless'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you a happy birthday...and all the best with your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a awesome piece...And I can very well connect with every word of yours..Once upon a time I too had lots and lots of Dreams but as they say " Life is not what you want but What you have"....so dreams took a backstand but definitely not dead...I have learned to move on with a hope to achieve it some day before I close my eyes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. dreams are meant to be broken once you open ur eyes.. but that is not going to stop anyone from closing their eyes. you and i and everyone should keep the dreams alive.. thanks for liking it.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When the odds met

A COCOON FOR THE TWO