THE WINTER WHIMPERS

27th October, the first time I witnessed the winter chills this year. It touched or rather attacked me with all its might when I was comfortably walking back my way home from office. My snug blackish grey T-shirt and denims couldn’t protect me. I had to brace myself against the darn cold winds and move on. Oh yes, I did feel it a day before 27th too but then I was on a motor bike, riding as a pillion, returning back from a horribly terrible movie, 10 at night. It’s natural to think that it was a result of a paranoia that I suffer from while riding bikes. There, I said it; I am scared of sitting pillion on bikes. I have this terrible feeling that the moment the driver pushes the accelerator; I will roll back and fall down on the road.

   Okay, I digressed from the point. So, as I was saying I felt that chill. And I didn’t enjoy it. I do not like winters. I hate the cold mornings, cold afternoons, cold everything! I hate to wear so many layers and getting lost underneath them. I hate to touch the cold water, leave alone taking bath with it! I hate the dry, chapped skin after I come out of that steaming hot bath that I somewhat enjoy. And as a lazy person, I hate rubbing these winter lotions all over my body to avoid the white scary looking lines that I get every time I scratch my skin.
   
   The sun seems distracted in winters. Sometimes even sick and feeble. I do not like the late sunrise and evenings even before six! It gives me a feeling of an impending doom! Okay, I agree that I kinda enjoy the long cosy nights under the sheaths of blankets on my bed but what about the time when you have to come out leaving all that luxury and let that cold wind sting your skin for the upcoming 5 long months?

   Adjusting the eyes with the foggy mornings outside is the most irritating part. And if the fog is mixed with all the smoke making your visibility just up to 3 feet ahead of the way you are walking is hellish I tell you. And by god’s grace if you stumble and hit your foot against something then even the almighty won’t be able to save you from the insufferable pain that you are gonna feel.

   Hands and feet go numb. Hair goes all frizzy. I look like a poorly fed grizzly bear with all that woollen stuff wrapped and hanged all around me.  Okay, I agree that I do look like I have put on some weight at last but with the end of sweaters, hoodies and jackets ends the happiness of acquiring a few kilos to my booty.

   All in all, winters bring a load of nothing for me. Those colourful woollies give me a moment of bliss but with it comes a long long phase of cribbing and complaining. I will miss the sunny, sweaty long days where playing with water brings a sense of joy and not terror. Where wearing pretty clothes are fun and not a need. Where colours get importance instead of the morbid black, blue white and grey cardigans that will rule my world and wardrobe. Where people can show skin and not their gloves and scarves and socks!

 I dislike winters. Dislike it with all my heart. Brace yourself people, coz the winter is coming. (umm no, I am not talking about the Game of Thrones motto here)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the odds met

And this what we call is ‘life’

A COCOON FOR THE TWO