Insomniac or Insomaniac? What’s going on in here?

The fact that I am sitting upright on my bed with the laptop and writing this at 2.58 a.m kinda proves the whole point of this write-up. I can’t come to terms with sleep. I love sleeping though. I can fall asleep for 2 days straight with occasional trips to bathroom and kitchen to pee and chomp respectively. But I can’t seem to come to that point where the eyelashes at both the ends of my eyes meet and I can finally doze off. Thus, comes writings like these to the rescue.
I am tired, my body is sending me pain signals down my spinal cord that I should now lie down on my ever cosy bed and fall into the sweet lap of slumber but just that very moment my brain decides to go Sparta on my body and together we start to knit a complicated web of things that I should have done today; things I could have done today but chose not to; things that I probably didn’t do 3 years ago; why is Russia attacking Syria?; are my arms too skinny?; my hair too rough?; melody itni chocolaty kyu hain?.. etc etc..
Even now when I am typing incessantly in to my keyboard, my body’s in pain and my eyelids are heavy like they are carrying a few kilos on them, but my brain is like “whom are you kidding? You aren’t gonna sleep off even if you close your laptop, turn off the lights, get comfy and try, ‘coz I’m not going to let you! Ha!”
Sleep had never come easy to me. I always had to struggle with it. Be it a pitch black room, sound proof, cold and comfy, sleep still betrays me. Such a great irony for a person who loves to sleep ain’t it?
I have tried with soothing music; good, happy thoughts; milk; but it doesn’t help. I’d tried with reading books too, as books have this magical power to make even the most sleep deprived people in reaching the dream world with ease. But in my case, I actually end up reaching the end of that book, let alone the sleep to come. And when ‘it’ finally hears to my sad beckons it’s almost time to rise back to a new day again.
So, finally my descent towards the mighty snooze has begun and it has been quite a bumpy ride since. But I still want to land safely to it. I don’t know when a sleep deprived lover of sleep like me will be able to overcome this awkward situation, but one should never lose hope. And a girl can always dream! (Damn this punny statement again).

-A girl hoping for her good night, every night; a night owl burning the midnight oil (Actually, a person raising the electricity bill after 3.30 am sounds more fitting).

P.S: I am still not sad about not being able to sleep at nights. It brings my writer/dark circles out of me! :P

Comments

  1. Try this once the next time you can't sleep, drink chamomile tea. I know, you've tried before and it didn't work so why try again? The trick with chamomile is that you need to take the tea flowers and boil them, I repeat, boil for 10 mins to let the oils out. After that drink up. It should work. If not, let me know :)

    Fellow insomniac
    Jason intrepid.Jiva @ g

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When the odds met

And this what we call is ‘life’

A COCOON FOR THE TWO