If food be the food of love, feast on..


3rd Wave Coffee Roasters, Glen's Bakehouse:
 the first official date. I reached late, thinking he probably hates me already or maybe it'll be a turn off and this will be the only time we'll meet.. cut to three hours later, he was dropping me home and doing hello to my mius.. I slept happy wondering if I would see him again.. sometime soon?


Cafe Azzure: Three days from our first outdoor meet cute, we chanced upon another date.. I was beyond the stars, really. I made a pact that I won't be/can't be late this time.. (but I am also a firm non believer of ' first impression is the last impression') . Seeing him arrive, as if out of the dreamy mist of my imaginations, my heart may have skipped a beat but my head had to be practical.. floating down I had acted very normal while listening to his soothing voice imagining "would it be wrong if I kiss him?"


Cafe Shillong, Bakery in dispur: I really didn't think we'd meet after he had left for home. I was craving to see that face which I think gave me butterflies after a long long time in my life. Seeing him, which felt like ages, it comforted my yearning heart. I must have acted so weird that whole day. Like a teenager who sees their crush and blushes eminently. When he left after what seemed like 2 seconds, I asked myself, " is it too soon to be falling for someone?"


China Bistro: Coming back to our work bases, the only thing that excited me about the weekends was meeting him. I tried my best to dress well and look proper, but I know I failed. Sitting across the table from him in that crowded restro, it had felt like the Bollywood songs where everything kinda blurs out but that person you are looking at. Over my first bite of sushi that day I thought, " is he feeling the same way that I am now?"


Byg Brewsky: It is the valentine's eve. I can say now that I am dating this amazing guy who cares a lot, almost spoils me, kisses the best and is cute as a button! I am excited about this day as I have never been out with a guy on this day before. We dress up and he watches me as I fidget with my hair and lipstick nervously because he's looking at me. His perfume almost dazes me and all I can think is kissing him again before leaving. Walking back, holding his arm nervously for the first time I ponder, "did I just have a valentine's day this year for real!?"


Just Trufs: WIP


Cafe Azzure (2.0): WIP


Caravela Cafe, nearby tea stall: That morning of Goa was dreamy. (Yes, we were in Goa). Waking up next to him and snuggling for some more warmth made me feel fuzzy for sure. It still felt like a siesta, riding behind him in the streets of North Goa, looking for breakfast. I was assured that my feelings are not fleeting anymore. Holding his hand, seeing him smile, hearing him talk, it healed me. That evening in Goa, while chasing the sunset it struck me, " is this happening for real?"


Soora Sang: He has seen my love for food. I could see his childlike excitement when he led me to his favourite eating joint. Not to be mentioned, that love rolled over to me as well, the moment food was served. We both ate with utmost fervor and by the time it was time to leave I questioned myself, "would he be feeling the same way I am probably feeling about him?"


Daily Sushi: I have realised that the more we eat together, the stronger I feel about him. Strange is it? Or is it not? I wonder if food has brought us closer? Could be.. These food dates seem to be the best! I can say now that I am falling in love with and over a Sushi! Stating the obvious, my mind questions again nervously, "How many more of such food dates Ankita?"


Lavonne Cafe: The last palce we could hit before the 2nd wave of the pandemic, the 2nd wave of disaster struck. It was a beautiful afternoon if I remember correctly. I didn't mind even if it wasn't. He came by and it turned into a good day already. Unknown of the times that were about to come, he took me to one of the prettiest cafes I'd ever been to! Over a delicious meal and fine weather, I answered myself, "this is it. you have come a long way, you're reaching your destination. Almost there. just be a little patient, a little more."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the odds met

And this what we call is ‘life’

A COCOON FOR THE TWO